*FIRST-TIME CONSIGNORS WITH OUR EVENT ARE LIMITED TO A TOTAL OF 30 CHILDREN'S CLOTHING ITEMS (30 hangers) FOR THEIR FIRST SALE WITH US.* (There are no limits on shoes, toys, gear, books, etc.)
HOW DOES CONSIGNING WORK?
Prepare your items (according to the rules below and to the right) and drop them off at the CHASE Sports Complex. You do not need to be at the sale—we do all the work. You keep 70% of your sale proceeds and the remainder goes to to the Community Exchange Foundation and to worthy causes. Unsold items can be donated to charity. Recycle your idle items! Someone out there is looking for the very items you no longer need.
IMPORTANT: please read all consignor instructions and sale rules carefully especially "How to Consign," "What You Can and Cannot Sell," and "Preparing Items." (See links to the right.)
IMPORTANT: WE DO NOT PUT OUT STAINED OR DIRTY ITEMS (CLOTHING, BABY GEAR, TOYS, ETC.) ON OUR SALES FLOOR. NEW CONSIGNORS: THAT MEANS ITEMS MUST BE IN LIKE-NEW CONDITION.
HOW TO CONSIGN WITH THE KIDS' EXCHANGE
- REGISTER online using the menu button to the right. Don't wait - consignor spots fill quickly. We'll issue you a consignor number that goes on your price tags.
- WAIT LIST Call/email us to get on the wait list once all consignor spots are full. Spots become available in the week prior to the sale date.
- KEEP 70% of the price of the items you sell. The remainder goes to the nonprofit Community Exchange Foundation. (WHO WE SUPPORT) A $8.00 registration fee will be deducted from your sale proceeds to help offset the sale's costs, including advertising and insurance.
- CHOOSE a time online to drop-off your items at the Chase Sports Complex. Drop-off is on four days:
Tuesday April 28, 2015 12:00 p.m.- 4:00 p.m.
Wednesday April 29, 2015 4:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m.
Thursday April 30, 2015 4:00 p.m.- 8:00 p.m.
- Friday, May 1, 2015 10:00 a.m.- 12:00 p.m.
- REDUCE Decide whether to reduce your item to half price. PLEASE REDUCE! If you don't reduce, your item probably won't sell.
- DONATE Decide if you want your unsold items to be donated to charity (North Country Ministry) at the end of the sale. PLEASE DONATE! North Country Ministry needs your items. This is a central part of the Kids' Exchange program, and we hope our consignors will donate most of their unsold merchandise.
- PREPARE your items for sale. Read the “Preparing Your Items" and "What You Can Sell" webpages carefully. The Kids' Exchange reserves the right to remove items from the sales floor that do not meet our standards.
- TAG your items. Read the “Pricing & Tagging” webpage carefully. You can purchase pre-cut tags from us (50 tags for $3.00) if you don't want to make them yourself.
- GET hangers. Use your own clear or white plastic hangers (including types like Carter’s, Osh Kosh, Old Navy, Bon Ton) or use ours. WE DO NOT ACCEPT WIRE HANGERS OR COLORED HANGERS. We will have free hangers available for consignors to pick up on April (t/b/a) 2015 from 4-6 pm at the Good Shepherd Church in Glens Falls. Hangers are first-come first-serve.
- DROP OFF your sale-ready items at the CHASE Sports Complex at your selected time.
- PICK UP your unsold items that you don’t want donated to charity at 5:00 p.m. on the day of the sale at the CHASE Sports Complex. Unclaimed items are donated to charity and removed from the complex at 5:30 p.m.
- PICK UP your check and sold tags on THURSDAY May 7, 2015 at the CHASE Sports Complex from 4-5 p.m. Can’t pick up your check? We will mail it to you on Saturday May 9, 2015, but you will not receive back your sold tags.