The Community Exchange Foundation facilitates the redistribution and reuse of value. We strive to keep resources in circulation by reconnecting perfectly good, currently-unused items that would otherwise be discarded to new owners who need them.
As a "middleman," we maximize utility, reduce waste, slow the flow to our landfills, and enhance the overall well-being of the community. Our reconnection movement raises funds that we distribute to improve the quality of life locally and throughout the region.
The Kids' Exchange, our seasonal children's consignment sale, is currently our main program. It:
CONNECTS high-quality, gently-used and like-new children’s items with new owners;
REDUCES waste and consumption;
KEEPS items out of landfills;
DONATES children's clothing, toys and gear to the following non-profit organizations: North Country Ministry located in Warrensburg; Friends of Crandall Public Library in Glens Falls; and Victory's Closet at Catholic Charities operated by the volunteers at Soroptimist International of the Adirondacks.
RAISES funds which are donated to local causes to improve community life. We have made charitable distributions to:
WATCH FOR NEW PROJECTS COMING SOON!
- Glens Falls Family YMCA
- Crandall Public Library
- Charles R. Wood Theater
- The SPCA of Upstate New York
- The Lake George Association Floating Classroom
- The Open Door Mission
- Double L Equine Rescue and Sanctuary
- The Greenjackets Football Team
- Cindy's Comfort Camp of the Glens Falls Hospital Foundation
- The Snuggery at Glens Falls Hospital
- Glens Falls Family Service Association
- Muscular Dystrophy Association
- North Country Ministry
- Lake George Parent Teacher Student Organization
- Q-Club Summer Youth Program